Learn Stuff about Essential Oils
This is a collection of Harley Bird &Co's personal library content, built over time as we learnt about effective essential oils usage. We are not affiliated with any of these products or sites.
What are these 'oils'?
The term “essential oil” is a actually short for “quintessential oil.” This stems from the Aristotelian idea that matter is composed of four elements, namely, fire, air, earth, and water. The fifth element, or quintessence, was then considered to be spirit or life force. Distillation and evaporation were believed to be processes of removing the spirit from the plant. Think about how the term “spirits” is used to describe distilled alcoholic beverages. Scientifically, we know that essential oils are physical in nature and composed of complex mixtures of chemicals. These naturally occurring, volatile aromatic compounds are found in the seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers, and other parts of plants. In addition to their intrinsic benefits to plants and their beautiful fragrance, essential oils are indispensable to your home, by way of emotional and physical wellness applications, vamping up food & beverage recipes, bettering your beauty treatments, and giving you natural cleaning alternatives that are safe around your loved ones.
Essential Oils Resources (Not affiliated with this site)
- The Animal Desk Reference | Essential Oil Handbook | by Melissa Shelton
- Holistic Aromatherapy for Animals | by Kristen Leigh Bell
- Essential Oil Safety: A Guide for Healthcare Professionals | by Robert Tisserand
- Evidence-based Essential Oil Therapy: The Ultimate Guide to the Therapeutic and Clinical Application of Essential Oils | by Dr Scott A Johnson
- Handbook of Essential Oils: Science, Technology, and Applications | by K. Husnu Can Baser (Editor), Gerhard Buchbauer (Editor)
- Modern Essentials - The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils
- The Essential Life
- Emotions & Essential Oils - A Reference Guide for Emotional Healing
Technical Information Online:
- Aromatic Science
- Aromatic Plant Research Centre
- PubMed essential oils study reviews
- DoTERRA eBooks
- DoTERRA Science Blog
Official dōTERRA Sites
- Official dōTERRA Product Tips Blog - An excellent place to learn about product promotions, product features or product success stories.
- Official dōTERRA Facebook Page - The best place to connect with dōTERRA on Facebook, get product information, and to connect with dōTERRA product fans, friends and more.
- Official dōTERRA Tools Site - An “all-in-one” site with downloadable Product Information Pages, Imagery, Product Presentations and more.
- Official doterraeveryday.com Site - A site that hosts trainings, event listings, news and information.
- Official dōTERRA YouTube Channel - When dōTERRA creates a new “official” video, this is often the first place it is made available.
- Official dōTERRA Pinterest Page - See how dōTERRA is being shared on Pinterest--get ideas on how to share dōTERRA, products, product uses and more!
- Official dōTERRA.com site. - Designed for anyone who is curious about dōTERRA and wants a high-level overview of the company.
Purchasing Books, Tools & other Essential Oil things
- Aromatools has a great range of useful accessories, books and business tools (class tearpads etc). This is where you can purchase the Modern Essentials book.
- Essential Products for Essential Oils is an awesome online store with loads of great accessories and newbie starter kits. Plus awesome customer service and inspiration for oil usage.
- Oil Life stocks the Essential Life book which I highly recommend every newbie gets. It's your Essential Oil Bible and will teach you literally thousands of ways to incorporate the oils into your life.
Smart Device Apps
The apps in the image alongside are available from both the iTunes and Google Play store. They are great for quick reference on the go.